What is Dropshipping?
Dropshipping is the method of delivering products directly from a third-party supplier or retailer to your customers without the use of an intermediary (like storing the goods at your physical business location).
In a nutshell, dropshipping is when you sell a product on your website but don’t handle the distribution or delivery. Another advantage of dropshipping is that you don’t have to pay for the product before the buyer does, which makes it a good choice for people who don’t want to spend a lot of money on initial inventory or risk purchasing items that won’t sell. This low entry barrier helps both beginners and experts to select a niche and launch their own dropshipping-based eCommerce shop.
Is this a sign that the dropshipping business model is right for you? The response will be different depending on your objectives and skill set.
To start with Dropshipping you need to find a Dropshipping platform.
Best Dropshipping Platforms:
WooCommerce is the most popular eCommerce platform on the market today. It has a market share of nearly 30% in total eCommerce stores, thanks in large part to the fact that it is free and simple to install a plugin. Users of WooCommerce can install it with a single click, making it a perfect platform for even non-technical users.
What I Like about Woocommerce
- User-Friendliness: WooCommerce has a straightforward graphical user interface that even a novice can grasp. It’s based on WordPress, a popular blogging site that enables users to add several free add-ons. With only a few taps, users can install WooCommerce on WordPress and get their company up and running.
- WooCommerce is supported by a large group of designers and developers who are actively working to promote the site. On the internet, users can conveniently find a wealth of information on how to install and maintain this platform.
- WooCommerce is a fully free platform to use. It is a WordPress plugin, and users who already have WordPress will install it as a plugin without paying anything.
- It hosts the following websites: Many well-known eCommerce websites use it as an eCommerce platform since it hosts millions of stores online. Singer, Weber Grills, Ripley’s Believe it or Not, and All Black are a few of them.
Shopify is arguably one of the most popular eCommerce sites for dropshipping. It appears to be home to more than 500,000 eCommerce and dropshipping websites. Oberlo, a dropshipping plugin that allows product import and order fulfillment easy, was acquired by Shopify in 2016. It is one of the most common eCommerce platforms among non-technical users.
With 18 percent of the market, Shopify is the second most successful site. However, it is a hosted website. Consider these Shopify alternatives if you want a self-hosted website.
What I like about Shopify
- Shopify provides email, phone, and chat support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It also has a dedicated official forum where users can seek assistance. However, since Shopify is a closed platform, you won’t find much assistance in community forums for custom creation.
- Shopify is a for-profit eCommerce website. There are three plans available, ranging from $29 to $299. Advanced Shopify is an option for businesses looking for premium services.
- The majority of the top dropshipping stores are hosted on Shopify. Negative Underwear, UgMonk, Flat Spot, and Pipcorn are only a few of the websites hosted there.
Spocket is a fantastic eCommerce dropshipping platform created specifically for dropshipping eCommerce store owners. It’s important to remember that this isn’t a stand-alone platform; it’ll work with WooCommerce and Shopify stores.
What I like about Spocket
- User-friendliness: With a variety of built-in features, Spocket is extremely user-friendly and easy to use.
- Spocket also provides 24/7 assistance, so if you have a problem, these guys will be able to assist you. They also have discussion boards where you can learn about other products.
- Spocket is priced starting at $19 per month. There isn’t a free version available.
- Berlioza.com and baybbrand.com are two websites that use Spocket.
You can check out our blog post on “What is Affiliate Marketing” or “Where to buy Bitcoin in 2021”